You may notice wrinkles appearing on your face and decreased volume in your cheeks and lips as you age. Restylane, a type of dermal filler, aims to reverse these visible signs of aging for a rejuvenated, youthful appearance. Designed to smooth wrinkles and restore volume for a healthy, natural-looking complexion, Restylane is made of an acid naturally found in the skin and leaves you confident in your appearance.
For targeting your specific cosmetic needs, Clearfield Medical Group offers various types of Restylane fillers in Reno that target different complexion concerns you may have. Though there are a few risks to consider, as with any cosmetic treatment, the benefits of Restylane’s non-surgical technique and long-term results outweigh potential cons.
Benefits of Restylane Treatment
Restylane is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler that enhances both facial features and the hands. The injections aim to create a more youthful appearance by smoothing wrinkles around the mouth and nose, reducing dark circles under the eyes, and adding volume to the lips or cheeks. Dr. William Clearfield could also inject Restylane to the back of the hands to add volume for a younger look to complement facial enhancements.
People could seek Restylane injections in Reno to target all types of wrinkles, ranging from fine lines to severe creases. The injections consist of a gel material, allowing for flexibility after the treatment, so facial expressions are not affected.
Results are instantly noticeable once injections are made but finalize a few days after the procedure. Since Restylane injections are a non-surgical cosmetic treatment, there is no required recovery time afterward. Cosmetic enhancements made by Restylane injections last between six to 18 months and require follow-up treatments with Dr. C at Clearfield Medical Group to maintain changes.
Types of Restylane
Various types of Restylane injections target specific cosmetic concerns for individualized results. Some Restylane options in Reno include lidocaine to minimize pain during the procedure.
- Restylane — The basic form of Restylane, these injections are used for lip enhancement, reducing dark circles under the eyes, and minimizing facial wrinkles or folds;
- Restylane Silk — Restylane Silk injections are intended for lip augmentation and smoothing wrinkles around the mouth and is only available to patients over 21 years old;
- Restylane Lyft — Restylane Lyft adds a more youthful look by adding volume to the cheeks, an area between the mouth and eyes, and wrinkles extending from the nose to the mouth;
- Restylane Refyne — This Restylane option also aims to smoothen wrinkles that develop from the corners of the mouth to the nose without reducing the muscle’s movement abilities;
- Restylane Defyne —Restylane Defyne is another option for reducing wrinkles around the nose and mouth and minimizing deeper laugh line wrinkles.
Dr. C could help you decide which filler is suitable for you during a Clearfield Medical Group consultation.
Possible Risks and Side Effects of Restylane
Restylane filler injections are minimally invasive but still pose a few health risks. Possible risks include infection, allergic reactions, bruising or bleeding at injection sites, and skin firmness irregularities. After receiving Restylane treatment in Reno, it is possible to experience side effects, including swelling, bruising, tenderness, headaches, and pain or itching at injection signs.
If any side effects occur, they typically resolve within seven to 18 days, but this timeline varies depending on the treated area. Restylane is not for individuals taking blood-thinning medications as this increases the possibility of risks and side effects.
Refresh Your Look with Restylane in Reno
Restylane is the cosmetic treatment in Reno for you if you are ready to get rid of wrinkles and restore facial volume without invasive surgery or an extended recovery time. There are several types of Restylane injects available, so Dr. C can create a personalized treatment to achieve your cosmetic goals. Call the Clearfield Medical Group today to schedule a consultation.